Florida Products Liability Attorneys Recover Financial Compensation for Victims of Defective Auto Parts
Holding manufacturers responsible for dangerous products throughout the Lakeland, Wauchula, Bartow, Haines City and Lake Wales
While a driver’s negligence causes many car accidents, there are times when the reason for an accident can be blamed on the vehicle itself. Cars, trucks and motorcycles that have defective parts become extremely dangerous on the road and can cause serious accidents. At Kaylor, Kaylor & Leto, P.A., our skilled attorneys know how to determine who is really at fault for your accident, including a vehicle manufacturer. We bring in experts from the automotive field to help us examine the evidence surrounding your crash to figure out which part is to blame for your injuries and who is responsible. We then go after the negligent manufacturer to help you secure financial compensation to deal with your injuries.
Types of defects
There is almost no way for a consumer to predict that an auto part is defective before it’s used. Many of these parts look fine on the surface, but once used, they are prone to malfunction. This can cause a car, truck or motorcycle to go out of control, especially on a highway. The most common defective auto parts include:
- Brakes — The brakes are one of the most important parts on a car, but if your brakes are defective and malfunction, you can be seriously injured while driving. Whether these parts come with the car or are put on by a mechanic later, the manufacturer of the brakes has a responsibility to put out a safe product.
- Airbags — A malfunctioning airbag can either inadvertently activate while you are driving or not activate at all when you are involved in a crash. Either scenario is very dangerous, and our firm works diligently to figure out who is responsible for the defective part involved in your airbag malfunction.
- Tire failure — A sudden blow-out or loss of tread can make your vehicle impossible to control.
- Seat belt failure — When restraints fail to operate your life and the lives of your passengers are imperiled.
- Crash worthiness — Vehicles that do not meet standards for crash performance exacerbate the risk of injuries and death in a collision.
Any of these defective auto parts can lead to serious injuries, including permanent brain and spinal injuries. And if you have been involved in a car accident, motorcycle accident or trucking accident caused by a faulty part, our attorneys are ready to help. Contact our highly regarded law firm today for effective legal representation If you have been involved in an automobile accident that a defective part caused, call our legal team at Kaylor, Kaylor & Leto, P.A. today at or contact us online to schedule a free consultation for your case. We serve Lakeland and surrounding areas. And our attorneys represent clients throughout the Florida counties of Hillsborough, Pasco, Pinellas, Highlands, Hardee, Osceola, Seminole, Lake and Orange.