Personal Injury Attorney in Florida Represents Clients Involved in Any Type of Trucking Accident
Handling cases throughout the Wauchula, Bartow, Haines City, Lake Wales, Winter Haven and Sebring areas
Countless trucks hauling goods across the state or country heavily travel Florida’s highways every day. These trucks often weigh upwards of four tons and dwarf the other cars and SUVs traveling on the road with them. The size of these trucks and the difficulty their drivers have with seeing cars through their mirrors often cause accidents that lead to serious injuries on the state’s busy highways. Kaylor, Kaylor & Leto, P.A. represents the victims of truck-related accidents throughout the state. No matter what type of truck accident you have been involved in, veteran Attorney Nora Leto has the knowledge and experience to achieve positive results for you.
Types of trucking accidents
- Jackknifes — A jackknife occurs when a truck’s trailer swings outward and the driver brakes or jerks the wheel suddenly, causing a loss of control. Collisions often occur when the trailer strikes oncoming traffic as it swings outward from the truck.
- Rollovers — When a truck rolls over on the highway, it has the potential to damage anything in its way. Cargo-shifting issues inside the trailer often cause these accidents.
- Underride accidents — When a car goes under the carriage of a truck, there is the potential for serious damage. Underride accidents are extremely dangerous and carry a high rate of fatality.
- Head-on collisions — A head-on collision is one of the most dangerous types of accidents for trucks. Their weight and overall size make a head-on crash extremely serious for any smaller vehicle involved.
- Rear-end collisions — A rear-end collision involving a truck is serious because of the vehicle’s weight and size. There is also the danger of a car being involved in an underride accident when it strikes a truck from behind.
- Cargo spills — Trucks oftentimes haul dangerous and heavy materials across the state, including timber, construction supplies and other vehicles. If a driver loses this cargo while on the road, the resulting spillage can seriously injure any cars in the vicinity.
Contact a veteran trucking accident attorney today
Kaylor, Kaylor & Leto, P.A. is ready to help you, regardless of the type of truck accident with which you have been involved. For a free consultation, call our offices at 800.900.7734 or contact us online. We have locations in Winter Haven, Lakeland, Sebring and Tampa for your convenience. And we represent clients throughout the Florida counties of Hillsborough, Pasco, Pinellas, Highlands, Hardee, Osceola, Seminole, Lake and Orange.