Florida Medical Malpractice Attorneys Helping Victims of Professional Negligence Recover Damages in the Lakeland Area
Representing the victims of birth defects and surgical errors in Lakeland, Wauchula, Bartow, Haines City, Lake Wales, Winter Haven and Sebring
The last thing you want to think about when you go in for a medical procedure is whether or not the doctor will make an error during the process that will leave you with a permanent injury. Unfortunately, these mistakes are unavoidable at times, but there is something you can do about it. At Kaylor, Kaylor & Leto, P.A., our team of attorneys represents those who have sustained serious injuries and lifelong health complications due to medical malpractice throughout Florida.
The most common types of medical malpractice
Medical malpractice is a broad legal term that covers any negligent act or omission by a professional medical provider that leads to an injury or other health complication for the patient. At Kaylor, Kaylor & Leto, P.A., our team of attorneys is ready to represent clients who have been harmed by a healthcare provider through:
- Failure to diagnose — When a doctor fails to properly diagnose a patient’s illness, it can lead to serious complications or even death. This failure is unacceptable for any medical professional. Our attorneys make sure to fight for any monetary compensation owed to you for an erroneous diagnosis.
- Improper treatment — Sometimes a doctor properly diagnoses a patient but fails to prescribe the correct treatment for the condition. This can make an illness or other medical issue much worse, leading to a decline in the condition, or even to death.
- Failure to warn about medical risks — Patients have the right to know the risks behind any drugs they are taking or medical procedures they are undergoing. If your doctor neglected to warn you of these risks and you were adversely affected as a result, you have legal grounds to take legal action against your physician to recover damages for the resulting complications.
- Surgical negligence — Even the simplest surgeries carry complications that can affect patients for the rest of their lives. If you have been the victim of surgical negligence, our attorneys are ready to represent you to help recover the proper compensation for your pain.
- Birth injuries — There are numerous birth injuries you or your child can suffer at the hands of a negligent medical professional, including cerebral or Erb’s palsy. Our attorneys know how to fight to get you fair compensation for any permanent medical bills related to such complications.
Contact our experienced medical malpractice law firm for effective representation Call our legal team at Kaylor, Kaylor & Leto, P.A. at or contact us online to receive comprehensive legal support if you have been the victim of medical malpractice. We have offices in Winter Haven, Lakeland, Sebring and Tampa for your convenience. Our attorneys represent clients throughout the Florida counties of Hillsborough, Pasco, Pinellas, Highlands, Hardee, Osceola, Seminole, Lake and Orange.