Florida Medical Malpractice Attorneys Represent Victims of Surgical Negligence in the Lakeland Area
Going after the medical professional responsible for your injuries in Lakeland, Wauchula, Bartow, Haines City, Lake Wales, Winter Haven and Sebring
When you go in for surgery, you should have the peace of mind that the doctor working on you is going to help heal your condition, not injure you further. Unfortunately, that isn’t always the case, and for some patients, the injuries sustained from a negligent surgeon are worse than the condition for which they needed surgery in the first place. This type of medical malpractice is unacceptable, but there is something you can do about it. At Kaylor, Kaylor & Leto, P.A., our attorneys work to help victims recover proper compensation for any injuries sustained as the result of surgical negligence. Because these injuries can seriously impact your way of life and future well-being, it is important to seek the help of a team of litigators that understands how important the results are to you and your family.
Common types of surgical mistakes
Surgical mistakes can happen during any procedure, even those classified as minor surgeries. These errors can cause long-term health effects and birth injuries. These injuries can usually be traced back to a negligent surgeon or doctor making any of a variety of mistakes, including:
- Wrong surgery — It may be hard to believe, but sometimes a surgeon performs the wrong type of operation on a patient. This includes taking out the wrong organ or opening up the wrong knee or elbow for ligament repair. Even though it is a rare circumstance, it’s also extremely dangerous and can have serious consequences.
- Instruments left in a patient — When sponges, sutures or other instruments are left in the body after surgery, the resulting infections and complications can cause serious pain, and even death. Unfortunately, many patients fail to recognize such a problem until well after their surgery. If you are experiencing any unexpected discomfort after an operation, call a doctor immediately and contact our medical malpractice attorneys to find out what your options are.
- Excessive blood loss — Surgical errors sometime lead to excessive blood loss in a patient, especially when blood vessels and organs are improperly handled. This can lead to serious complications after the surgery that may threaten your recovery.
- Perforated bowels — Your bowels can be accidentally damaged during a routine surgery, leading to long-term health complications. If this is indeed an error brought on by a negligent surgeon and not from another health issue, we are here to help you recover monetary damages for your injury.
- Nerve damage — Nerve clusters are extremely delicate and easy to damage during surgery, especially during neck and elbow operations. These accidents can carry permanent complications, such as the loss of movement and sensation in the affected area. Our attorneys help you receive monetary compensation for any long-term healthcare costs related to such an issue.
- Infections — Infections are sometimes an unavoidable part of surgery, but when they are misdiagnosed or brought on by negligence, it is important to seek legal representation to help fight for your legal rights as a patient.
Contact our experienced team of medical malpractice attorneys today If you are the victim of an injury caused by surgical negligence, contact our lawyers at Kaylor, Kaylor & Leto, P.A. for comprehensive legal representation regarding your situation. You can reach us at or contact us online to schedule a free consultation on your case. For your convenience, we have offices in Winter Haven, Lakeland, Sebring and Tampa.