A Knowledgeable Law Firm Provides Effective Representation to Victims of Workplace Injuries
Protecting employees’ rights throughout Lakeland,Wauchula, Bartow, Haines City, Lake Wales and Tampa
If you have been injured on the job, it’s important to seek the help of a skilled attorney immediately after getting medical attention. These injuries can keep you out of work for an extended period of time and, depending on the severity, may entitle you to workers’ compensation money benefits as well. At the law offices of Kaylor, Kaylor & Leto, P.A. we represent victims of work-related injuries in Polk, Hillsborough, Pasco, Pinellas, Highlands, Hardee, Osceola, Seminole, Lake and Orange Counties. Our team of attorneys has more than 60 years of combined experience practicing law and an extensive understanding of Florida’s personal injury and workers’ compensation law.
Types of workplace accidents
No matter where you work, or the type of work you do, you are at risk of a workplace injury. These injuries can happen anywhere, including construction sites and office buildings. The most common types of workplace accidents usually involve:
- Falls — These injuries are very common at job sites where employees are working on high platforms and scaffolds. A fall of any kind can be extremely dangerous and could put you out of work for months or even years.
- Falling objects — If an object is unsecured, it can fall without warning and leave you severely injured. Many people think this only happens in warehouses or on construction sites, but even offices and classrooms pose a threat for falling objects.
- Machine entanglements — This type of injury is most common in factories and workshops that use heavy machinery to perform tasks. Without the proper protection, clothing, hair and even limbs can become entangled within the machinery, causing serious injury.
- Slipping or tripping — When objects or dangerous liquids are left lying around without warning, a slip and fall can be potentially devastating.
- Lifting injuries — Overexertion is a big concern for employees, especially when dealing with lifting heavy objects. If you try to lift too much or work too hard, you are at risk of serious back, neck, knee and shoulder injuries that could potentially require surgery, and reduce your income.
- Vehicle accidents — If your job requires you to drive for a living or be around vehicles driven by other employees, including commercial trucks or forklifts, you are at high risk for an accident. And if that vehicle isn’t properly maintained, or if you inadvertently get in the way of an unqualified employee driver, the resulting accident could be devastating.
How we help
No matter what type of workplace injury you have sustained or where it occurred, our personal injury lawyers are dedicated to helping you secure the compensation you need to recover. Not only do we look after your immediate care, but we help you receive treatment and compensation for long-term injuries, including workers’ compensation benefits.
Contact an experienced personal injury firm for workplace injury representation
If you have been injured on the job and are in need of an accomplished law firm, call the office of Kaylor, Kaylor & Leto, P.A. at 863-968-7837 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation. We serve Lakeland and surrounding areas. We serve clients throughout the counties of Polk, Hillsborough, Pasco, Pinellas, Highlands, Hardee, Osceola, Seminole, Lake and Orange. Se habla Español.